Fully Renovated. Beautiful Open Concept Living Area, Large 75'x 112' Lot, Hardwood Throughout Main Floor. Attached Single Car Garage And Sun Room. Located In Desirable Lynwood Village/arbeatha Park, Steps From Ncc Greenbelt With Miles Of Walking, ...
Well Maintained Cozy Bungalow On A Large Beautifully Landscaped Lot (109 Ft. X 150 Ft.) In A Desirable Neighbourhood. Renovations And Updates Include: Shingles(2004); Blown-in Insulation (36") In Attic ; Facia And Soffit (eaves Trough) (2006); Wi...
KELLER WILLIAMS INTEGRITY REALTY
Lynwood village Real Estate Growing Lynwood Village was built by Teron Construction from 1959 through the mid-1960's. A neighbourhood consisting primarily of bungalows with a few splits thrown in for good measure, Lynwood Village put Bells Corners on the map.
When the original owners moved to Lynwood, cows wandered into their backyards, the roads were not yet finished causing many to have to walk in from Richmond Road from what is now Bells Corners Public School. Al's Steak House was the home of the Steenbakker family ... gas stations were few and far between ... LaSalle Factory was the main shopping outlet ... and there was lots of vacant land.
Bill Teron outdid himself in his designs in Lynwood. While there were probably less than ten floorplans, great pains were taken to make each home appear different. The houses were situated at different angles on the lots, the roof lines were not all alike, the window treatments were varied and some had garages or carports and others did not.
At that time, there were two different types of homes ... the PLANNER Series and the more expensive EXECUTIVE Series. Today, at first glance, because of varied renovations and extensive additions, the difference is not easy to notice. Probably the easiest way, in most cases, is the ensuite bathroom. The Executive Series had a two-piece ensuite bath while the smaller models did not. At the time of building, the homes in the Executive Series had a window in the dining room, two double closets in the master bedroom and were approximately two hundred odd square feet larger. The basement stairs in the Planner Series ran behind the dining room eliminating the possibility of an outside window at the back of the room. Each room was just a bit smaller in the Planner Series; however, the models were similar.
In the late 1960's, fresh from his spectacular success as the innovator of Kanata, Bill Teron returned to Lynwood and built roughly one dozen larger two-storey homes, most with double garages and almost all backing on the NCC Greenbelt. These houses became homes to many who had started out in Lynwood bungalows, loved the neighbourhood and required more space for growing families.
The streets, crescents and avenues wind around The Village in a most interesting pattern, many of them backing onto NCC Greenbelt, making these lots "premium". Some streets offer access into the Greenbelt for hiking and cross-country skiing. While mini-buses once travelled within the neighbourhood, public transportation is now limited to the perimeter of the neighbourhood.
Schools in the area include Bells Corners Public School, D. Aubrey Moodie Intermediate Public School, Our Lady of Peace Separate School and Bell High School. Local churches include Bells Corners United, Christ Church Anglican and St. Martin de Porres Catholic Church. The Bells Corners Branch of the Ottawa Library serves residents of the area. Robertson Road, which is a continuation of Richmond Road, has become known in Bells Corners as Restaurant Row.
Lynwood Village homes started out selling at just over $12,000 in 1959. In 2010 not much sells under $300,000 with many homes now priced at nearly $400,000. Times have changed ... prices have changed ... but the charm and character of Lynwood Village remains the same.
MLS®, REALTOR®, and the associated logos are trademarks of The Canadian Real Estate Association.